First published in the Science and Engineering forum of the For Freedom Forums
Posted: Saturday 7th August 2010 04:06 am
HUMPBAC - APC with walk-through connecting trailer
Introducing HUMPBAC - an armoured personnel carrier with a connecting doorway from the rear of the vehicle to walk through into the armoured passenger trailer. Tickets please!
Hinged Under-floor-Mine-Protection Battle-ready Armoured-personnel Carrier
Copyright © Peter Dow, 7th August, 2010.
- Trailer bolts firmly to the rim of the vehicle forming a rigid joint
- Rear section of vehicle is hinged to articulate the trailer's vertical motion
- Movement of hinged rear section accommodated by a hump in the roof
- Hinge moves +/- 30 degrees, 2 modes - locked and unlocked.
- Unlocked hinge swings free to maximise grip from each axle
- Locked hinge may be fixed by hydraulics if an axle is damaged
- Vehicle rear door can serve as a connecting doorway to the trailer section
- Front vehicle seats a maximum of 11 people
- Armoured passenger trailer seats a maximum of 7 people
- Vehicle with trailer seats a maximum of 18 people
- Roof mounted remote-controlled machine guns- front, top & tail gun
- Trailer wheel steering
- 6-wheel drive
- Telescopic Rear Axle & Wheels
- Rotation on the spot
- Even axle weight distribution
- 5 : 3 weight & length ratio, 5 (vehicle) : 3 (trailer)